Paradime’s efforts in securing our managed hosting clients is best described as uncompromising resolve.
We’ve been building and hosting websites for 25 years and WordPress websites, specifically, for over a decade. There are very few so-called “security” companies in the region that have the expertise and track-record that we do.
We implement various sets of best practices with the websites we host. This includes:
– Ensuring WordPress, the theme and plugins are always up-to-date.
– Using themes and plugins from reputable and established developers.
– Using themes and plugins that are legally and properly licensed.
– Enforcing “strong” password requirements for admin accounts.
– Installing and properly configuring WordPress-based security tools .
– Installing and properly configuring server-based security tools.
– Banning IP addresses of those attempting to hack your website.
Don’t give into FUD!
It’s unfortunate that many so-called “security” companies resort to scare tactics. They use a disinformation strategy called FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt ). It’s about the monetization of fear, which we thoroughly reject.
Many of these company also charge you hundreds or even thousands of dollars to run security audits that is just a mouse-click for them. In fact, many of these tools are available for free:
We know your money is better spent.
Your website’s security is paramount at Paradime.
If you’re not hosting with Paradime or have a WordPress Care agreement with us, we can service websites that require long-standing updates or are in a broken state, starting at only $250 +HST. Restoring a hacked or compromised website starts at only $500 +HST.
Although anyone can easily install WordPress security plugins, making sure they’re set up properly is part of our “secret sauce.” After all, just installing plugins isn’t enough to fully secure your website.
For more information about website security or if you have questions, please feel free to call or email us.