There are so many web site hosting companies out there; all with varying prices. We know it’s a tough choice to pick one.
For many years, we’ve been hosting-agnostic. In other words, we weren’t particular who our clients hosted with. Well, today, our position has changed for a number of reason.
The difference between hosting with a bulk provider and Paradime is in what we provide our clients: service, support and security. Those all add up to peace-of-mind.
With bulk hosting companies, you’re pretty much on your own. That’s why it’s so cheap. They provide little to no support. If your site goes down, all they do is ensure their servers are running and that’s it. The rest is up to you. If your site is hacked, for example, they just delete it and it’s up to you to restore your site.
One of the biggest problems with bulk hosting is that they tend to over-sell per server. In other words, your site is on a server with hundreds of other sites. That means slower performance. If anyone of those sites have a spike in traffic, they affect your site’s performance. If one of those sites crashes the server, that brings your site down.
If someone on the same server as you is sending out spam and is blocked, your e-mail could also be blocked since spam blocking is done based on the whole server through the IP address instead of domain.
This is why we’re encouraging our clients to host with us. We see way too much down time with some of the biggest and well known US-based bulk hosting providers.
At Paradime, we’re been extremely successful in avoid down time or outages. How did we accomplish this?
- Our servers are in a Tier 1 data centre located at prestigious IBM-Marathon in downtown Montreal. This means you’re site is right on the backbone of the Internet. It’s like being on the highway instead of a side street.
- We use servers with 6 vCPU Cores Intel Xeon with 1.5GB dedicated RAM, 512MB vSWAP, and RAID 10 storage. That’s geek talk meaning that our hardware is really fast.
- We’re running on a 100% Juniper powered network and provide 100% Network SLA up-time. In other words, our data centre’s internal network is the best you can get.
- We use a number of software applications that monitors your site and blocks viruses, malware and hacking attempts. Therefore, your site is truly being cared for and safe.
- We have staff that monitors your site to ensure any potential problems are avoided. We’re proactive instead of reactive.
- We have no more than 50 sites per server vs. hundreds with bulk hosting.
- We’re selective on who we host to ensure that the other sites on the same server as you are good neighbours.
We back up your site automatically. Full backups monthly and delta backups weekly. We perform the various system and plugin updates for you.
Another difference between Paradime and bulk hosting companies: when an update breaks your site, which does happen, they don’t fix it or if they do, they’re charging you an hourly rate. If that happens even once a year, it could easily wipe out any cost savings in choosing them.
When you call us, you’re speaking with someone you know. You’re not just a customer number talking to someone at a call centre. You’re speaking with the people who actually worked on and created your web site in the first place.
Yes, our hosting prices are certainly more expensive than bulk hosting companies but when you consider the value we provide, we’re actually less expensive. It’s true: you get what you pay for. However, when you compare our fees to some of the other premium hosting providers, we’re extremely competitive. Also, since we’re a Canadian company with servers in Canada, we charge in Canadian dollars. When you factor in the fluctuations in the dollar lately, you’re paying much more today for US hosting than you were even a year ago.
To summarize, Paradime’s hosting is a full-service, premium solution, based in Canada that is extremely price competitive.
Let Paradime be your complete solution provider! We’ll register your domain, create your web site, hosting your site, and provide continued support as well as an optional content and maintenance service that best suits your needs and budget.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.